Tuesday 24 July 2012

Artists: Chris Weston

_______________________________________________________________________________

Chris Weston
1 January 1969
Rinteln, West Germany










I know Chris "Spaceboy" Wilson from his time way back on 2000AD and I reckon it was love at first sight. There was a vividness to his artwork that smacked my eyes like a kiss and since that first hit I've been a devoted fan and reckon I would read pretty much anything he decided to put his good name to. Plus (good for me!) the sort of stuff he loves to draw intersects perfectly with my own pre-occupations: Superheroes, Lovecraftian monsters (with plenty of teeth and tentacles) and - of course - talking monkeys (naturally). Plus - I've gotta say: I didn't know what he looked like before - but after searching for a photo to put on this entry I've gotta say I was pleasantly surprised to find that he looks just like a character from one of his pictures (something to do with the shape of his head I think).  

.................................................................................................................................
Links: Official website, Mindless Ones Interview.

Selected works: Lucifer, The Invisibles, The AuthorityThe Filth, War Stories, Ministry of SpaceFantastic Four: First Family, The Twelve

All comments welcome.

No comments: